**THIS POSITION HAS NOW CLOSED**
Title: Polishing Operator
Roles available: Polishing Shop
Location: Lowden Guitars, 114 Saintfield Road, Crossgar
Contract: Full time, permanent
Information for Candidates:
This rare opportunity will provide successful applicants with the chance to join an enthusiastic and dedicated team, working on a challenging and rewarding career path, with the satisfaction of seeing your daily work in the hands of some of the most famous musicians in the world.
Successful performance and a proven willingness to learn and take on more responsibilities, and participation in learning opportunities in the company will ultimately open up further career path opportunities in the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Reporting on a daily and weekly basis to your line manager on output quotas
· Ongoing communication with your line manager regarding any issues that arise, cross-team communication, liaison and trouble-shooting/problem solving when necessary
· Maintaining a clean and organized work environment
Role Specific Responsibilities:
· Polishing Shop
· Sanding and finishing of wooden instruments to an extremely high standard.
· Preparing guitars ready for spraying lacquer.
· Spraying coats of lacquer to achieve a flawless finish.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder (s) will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
*Please note that on the job training and support will be provided in order to develop an independently extensive knowledge of guitar set-up.
· Excellent time management skills
· Excellent punctuality and attendance
· Proven record of following instructions and meeting tight deadlines
· Positive and enthusiastic attitude to work and a good work ethic
· Previous experience in a similar role (factory/wood workshop)
· Experience in fine woodworking and/or finishing wooden products
· Experience or understanding of guitar manufacturing or repair
· Previous experience with Polishing
- On-site parking
George Lowden Guitars Ltd confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a Fair Employment Monitoring Form.